[CentOS-virt] xen host system capacity utilization

Wed Nov 18 15:14:51 UTC 2009
Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de>

Hi,
I'm wondering what the proper way is to determine the utilization of host
resources when running a couple of VMs. I know xentop but the man-page
isn't exactly helpful in explaining what the values it displays actually mean.
What I'm looking for is a way to say "Ok, i have 4 VM's running and right
now they utilize 40% of the cpu resources the host has, 50% of disk i/o and
30% of network i/o" so that I can determine if and how many additional VMs
I can run on this machine?
What is the proper way to accomplish this?

Regards,
   Dennis