[CentOS-virt] kvm and related packages

Wed Sep 9 12:19:02 UTC 2009
Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org>

hi,
as 5.4 was released and it's include support for kvm (what's more it's
working for us since a few days) i plan to remove all of my packages
form my repos as centos 5.4 will be released:
http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/5/*/virt/

there are few trick although eg in the xml conf files you have to
replace /usr/bin/qemu-kvm to /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm. and it's better it
you first remove all of your current kvm related packages install the
new kernel, reboot, remove the old kernel and only after intall the new
packages (otherwise you've got a lot's off error and warning about
weak-updates)..

ps. we finish rhel 5.4 rebuild at the weekend:-) there are a few tricks,
some of them have to modify to rebuild like etherboot or build with
special option like zsh, kvm, *kmod etc.