[CentOS-virt] Sound and VGA resolution for KVM guests

Fri Feb 26 21:15:35 UTC 2010
Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>

Greetings,

----- "carlopmart" <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recentlly, I have installed a Windows 7 Enterprise kvm guest under a CentOS
> 5.4 kvm host (fully updated) using virtio drivers and all works ok except
> two things: sound and vga resolution.

For video you can turn on RDP in Windows and then connect to it with your  preferred RDP client... typically rdesktop or tsclient.  You can specify the desired resolution for the RDP connection and you should get whatever resolution you want.

For sound, I think sound might work when connected via RDP, but I'm not sure.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street