[CentOS-virt] Xen Database vms

Fri Jan 15 14:54:09 UTC 2010
Ben M. <centos at rivint.com>

Are "centralized" database (SQL) servers best left out of virtualization
and committed to their own hardware like the "old days" or are there
some guidelines one should consider in setting them up? I'm not talking
mega-large recordsets, but large enough to handle multiple years of CRMs
and intensive querying, Accounting Systems and so forth.

Fundamental website CMS database is a no-sweat issue.

This would be on plain vanilla CentOS/Xen stock. All usual SQL server
flavors considered. I'm trying to get an idea of where I am ultimately
heading in my LANs.