[CentOS-virt] Xen box down

Mon Jan 4 21:39:03 UTC 2010
Ben M. <centos at rivint.com>

A few months, these are the newer Velociraptors, almost cool to the touch.

Raid1 nvidia fakeraid via dmraid.

The images and vms are on separate drives, also mirrored on nvidia mobo
raid.

So far my list is this:

- CentOS 5.4 dvd
- Spare identical Velociraptor
- Terabyte external USB drive.
- BackTrack (or any other suggestions?)

 From what I garner from my office is that it hits BOOT (grub) but is
erroring on a bad or duplicate block.

I wonder if I had a "Time went backwards" error on the year turnover or
something.

Other errors reported over the phone:

"(smp -alternatives off)" followed by "acpi: core revision 20060707"

I asked them to hit the F1 key, to see if they could get into bios, but
I think it was too fast for them as they kept hitting grub and what they
read to me over the phone sounded like the grub.conf file was fine.