[CentOS-virt] moving from Xen to KVM

Wed Mar 17 13:15:52 UTC 2010
Hildebrand, Nils, 232 <Nils.Hildebrand at bamf.bund.de>

Hi,

just two questions:
1. Is there anything faster than XEN-paravirtualization?

2. Why XEN 5?
XEN 3 is quite stable, too.

I have 31 DomUs up and running on a single Box - and have a strong feeling that even 60 will run flawless.
But: All of them are Para-Virtualized.

I have no problem with disk IO-Bottlenecks since my DomUs are not Database-Servers - so there is mostly static information in the filesystems.

I see no reason why I should move to KVM.
My only limitation is memory, since RAM is not being virtually mapped yet.

Kind regards

Nils