[CentOS-virt] CentOS-6.0 and LXC

Always Learning centos at u6.u22.net
Mon Jul 18 18:59:09 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 08:22 +1000, Matt Paine wrote:

> As far as I am aware, KVM uses the cpu hardware to run completely
> different operating systems independently of the host.
>

> LXC is similar to Linux-VServer, or virtuozzo, where you are always
> running a base kernel, and can run multiple init's at the same time.

Thank you for your explanation. It is most helpful. To summarise what I
think is correct: One can run multiple LXC containers, each containing
an identical version of the main host operating system but processes are
separate from the others. KVM creates a type of 'container' allowing
different host operating systems to run in that container.

Can one run inside a LXC container a KVM ?

Can one run inside a KVM some LXC containers ?

Or is the simultaneous usage on the same machine of LXC and KVM mutually
exclusive or incompatible ?

Thank you again.

--
With best regards,