[CentOS-virt] using local media file to install guest

Thu Oct 27 01:01:18 UTC 2011
Eric Shubert <ejs at shubes.net>

On 10/26/2011 04:48 PM, Bob Hoffman wrote:
> eric wrote
>
> ---------------------
>
> That's not my understanding. I watched someone else follow the procedure
> here:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-a-centos-6.0-server
> and I believe he started with the minimal installation on the host.

> and then you find he also had installed the desktop on the next page and
> using virt-manager to view it.
> I would rather not have the desktop and x installed.

That can be on any *other* computer, like a laptop. You don't need (or
want) to run virt-manager on the host itself. You can manage your VMs
from any workstation/client that's attached to the network.

--
-Eric 'shubes'