[CentOS-virt] server host keys for kvm clones

Thu Jan 5 17:15:48 UTC 2012
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Personally, I hate images. Provisioning from fresh is easy enough, fast
> enough and manageable enough that images are almost always either the
> wrong solution or a by-product requirement from a third party tool that
> does not understand provisioning ( hello, all those so-called-cloud
> solutions .. )

In time trials at PMman, we can deploy a minimal CentOS 5 or
6 base image in under three minutes from a standing start,
already configured with local update archive addon, the needed
LVM details, the needed network config settings, and all the
rest; doing the same with anaconda and puppet takes about 15
minutes

There _are_ reasons for thoughtfully designed deployable
'stock' images

-- Russ herrold