[CentOS-virt] Support cloud-init or use-data in AWS marketplace official AMI?

Fri Aug 16 08:11:33 UTC 2013
ERICJ <ericj.tw at gmail.com>

Hi All,

It's very helpful that CentOS release official AMIs in AWS EC2 marketplace.

However, compare to official RedHat Linux and Amazon Linux AMIs in EC2,
current official CentOS AMIs in marketplace does not support cloud-init or
user-data scripts.
which means that these AMIs doesn't support automation and dev-op
operations.

Since AWS CloudFormation also leverage user-data for initial the
CloudFormation helper scripts to achieve auto deployment.

I believe it would be a great enhancement to support user-data or
cloud-init, so that the official CentOS can collaborate with AWS
CloudFormation Service.

May I know is there any planned schedule to support cloud-init or user-data
scripts in CentOS official AMI?

Regards,