[CentOS-virt] Multiple Questions: Xen4CentOS

Mon Aug 19 15:44:04 UTC 2013
Duffy, Sean W <swduffy at unmc.edu>

Hi,

Trying to get a handle on the 'not included' aspects of Xen4CentOS.

Anyone care to share their experiences with xm vs virtinstall vs virt-manage.  Currently I'm running one xm create config to launch a CentOS cd based kickstart install, then I use a second xm create config to run the created systems.

Thoughts on pvgrub and running unmodified kernels from within the pv guest.  Is there a set of modifications that need to be run in the guest system to work reliably?

Best practices for using encrypted lv's vs img files.  Clone vs backup, performance issues etc.

Thanks,

Sean

"Every good work of software starts by scratching a developer's personal itch." -- Eric Raymond

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.