[CentOS-virt] CentOS 6 Xen 4.4.1 packages available on virt6-testing

Wed Jan 7 17:14:20 UTC 2015
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> George,
>
> I don't mind if xend is on or off, but the virt-manager (virt-install,
> etc.) that is included with the current xen4 tree will not work at all
> with libxl.
>
> We therefore do not have a GUI front end that can do libxl at this time.
>
> I might suggest leaving xend on for 4.4.x and we stabilize on 4.4.x on
> the production branch, and then start a testing branch that will be 4.5
> (or newer) with a newer libvirt, virt-manager, qemu, etc.

Are you sure?  I thought I remembered trying virt-install with libvirt
and having success.  Pasik, did you try this?

If virt-manager really doesn't work with libxl, then yes, we should
probably sort that out one way or another.

I'd really like to be able to leave xend off, to make sure people are
starting to think about migration; but if there's no way to get
virt-manager to work without it, we'll just have to turn xend back on
and see what we can do.

> I thought maybe a new kernel as well, but based on this:

Yes, updating to a new kernel (probably 3.14) is my next big work item.

 -George