[CentOS-virt] Windows 10 tech preview build 10130

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sun Jul 5 02:22:52 UTC 2015

On 07/04/2015 07:02 PM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-07-03 at 22:10 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
>> Did it work?
>
> Yes, this time around the install worked. Thing is, the sha1sum was the
> same as the first time I downloaded the ISO so there was no corruption
> to speak of. I really don't know why it wasn't working before.
>
> I haven't done much in the preview except try out Spartan and do some
> configuration. I like the UI design.
>
> The only thing that really is driving me nuts is the mouse. My mouse is
> not running smoothly in the KVM. On my desktop (Fedora 20 running Gnome)
> my mouse is fine. In other KVMs (e.g. Fedora 22) the mouse works just as
> smoothly. But, in this preview build, there appears to be a lag...or
> something. It's difficult to describe. Umm...it's almost like frames are
> dropping. I don't know. Overall it just sucks and its killing my desire
> to play around with it more.
>
> My daughter has recently started playing the games at www.roblox.com. In
> this preview build, starting up any game makes Windows crash. Maybe a
> future build will fix that.

Hi Kanwar,

I am glad it worked.

Sounds to me like Windows being Windows.  SOF (Son-of-Frankenstein
or Windows Nein, oops, Windows 10) is terrible quality.  If it
works right in your other VM's, then it is SOF's doing.

If you can get a hold of XP and your daughters games will work in
it, they will go a lot faster.

Just run a good Anti Virus.  Bit Defender or Kaspersky consistently
score the best at av-comparatives.org.  Bit Defender has a free
home version.

And don't believe the baloney about XP not being as secure as W7.
If you look at the break in statistics, the two are at a statistical
dead heat.

SOF is now on to 10162.

Here is a good wallpaper for your SOF:

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Windows-10-We-Finally-Fixed-Everything-485x274.jpg