[CentOS-virt] iTunes

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat May 9 14:35:51 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 4:37 AM, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am putting together a high end workstation quote for a customer. He is
> going to want a Virtual Machine, specifically so he can run iTunes (his wife
> buys music through iTunes and sync's them to her iPod).

For personal laptops or workstations, I tend to run Windows natively
for the raw speed of the native apps and to get the latest drivers,
and run Scientific Linux in VirtulalBox, which has worked very well. I
much prefer the user interface of Virtualbox to the virt-manager suite
for KVM or for Xen. It's just been easier, for me, to get tools like
the VMware clients or Xencenter for managing *other* virtual
environments to work well on Windows, and Outlook for Exchange servers
has been critical in too many environments.

SL runs very well and robustly in virtualization with all the
virtualization technologies.