[CentOS-virt] PCI Passthrough not working

Wed Jun 22 09:56:44 UTC 2016
Francis Greaves <francis at choughs.net>

Further to my messages back in May I have at last got round to trying to get my DomU to recognise USB devices.

I am using Xen 4.6 with CentOS kernel 3.18.34-20.el7.x86_64.
I have to manually make the port available before creating the DomU by issuing the command:
xl pci-assignable-add 00:1a.0
otherwise nothing shows in:
xl pci-assignable-list

I have added this to my .cfg file as per the May Emails:
pci=['00:1a.0,rdm_policy=relaxed']

and in the DomU, which starts fine, I get the following information:
lspci
00:00.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Wellsburg USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 05)
lsusb

However when I plug in a device to this USB port (Am sure it is the correct port in the Dom0) I see nothing in the DomU at all.

What can I do now?
Many thanks
Francis