[CentOS-virt] [CentOS-devel] docker and docker-latest packages on CentOS Virt SIG

Mon Jun 13 11:36:22 UTC 2016
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 7:26 AM, George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I pesonally do this kind of backporting, a *lot* with Perl and Python
>> modules. They're often sadly out of date on a RHEL production grade
>> system, but switching to a Fedora base for your production
>> environments can get really flakey, really fast due to the immense
>> churn of that operating system.
>
> Right, so one of the basic nice things about the CentOS SIGs is that
> all the stuff you don't need to be current can be RHEL-stable, and the
> handful of things you do want to be current can be fresh.
>
> My main question is whether explicitly calling it "Fedora" is the
> right thing to do (even if in practice it's just a re-build of the
> Fedora package).

I thinki it would get confusing fast. Let the '%changelog' in the
.spec file show the Fedora history, RPM 'release' reflect that it's a
more recent version and published by a CentOS SIG.