[CentOS-virt] NIC Stability Problems Under Xen 4.4 / CentOS 6 / Linux 3.18

Kevin Stange kevin at steadfast.net
Tue Feb 21 23:32:58 UTC 2017

On 02/21/2017 11:50 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 02/21/2017 11:47 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>

>> Kevin,
>>
>> Please try the 4.9.11-22 kernel that I just released for CentOS-6 (along
>> with the newer linux-firmare packages and xfsprogs).
>>
>> If you enable the xen-testing repository in your CentOS-Xen.repo file
>> (assuming it is pointing to xen-44 and not xen-46) then a 'yum upgrade'
>> should replace all the needed packages.
>>
>> The actual path is here for the packages:
>>
>> https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/6/virt/x86_64/xen-44/
>>
>> Hopefully this helps.
>>

> I should have said .. 'just releaed for testing' :)
>
> I have been using this for 4 or 5 days with no issues in production, but
> it needs testing before final release :)

Currently I've moved most of my servers onto the 4.4 kernel from xen
made easy and they've been stable.  I have some indications of an issue
with one of my 3.18 servers right now which required it to be rebooted,
so I'm going to bring the 4.9 kernel up on that server to see how it
does.  It may take a few weeks or more to draw any conclusions.

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer