[CentOS-virt] Mitel only supported VMware virtualization platform for some CentOS servers based products

Wed Jul 11 16:07:39 UTC 2018
Jean-Marc Liger <jean-marc.liger at parisdescartes.fr>

Hi,

Some Mitel products, which are CentOS 6.x or 7.x servers based with some
telephony services added, are only supported on VMware virtualisation
platform, even all if theses CentOS guests are certified on last
CentOS/Redhat Virtualization or Microsoft Hyper V platforms.

So, at he moment we have three bad choises :
- Migrate part of our virtualization services from KVM/libvirt to VMware ;
- Install Mitel concerned product on a physical server ;
- Stay on KVM/libvirt and lose Mitel support for this product.

I'm seeking for technical/legal arguments which could help us to stay on
KVM/libvirt without losing Mitel support.

Regards,

--

*Jean-Marc LIGER
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux de Communication