[Centos] 3ware 9000 install

Mon Dec 20 08:17:54 UTC 2004
aemadrid at hyperxmedia.com <aemadrid at hyperxmedia.com>

Thanks for the information, it was clear and easy to follow through it. Although
I wasn't able to boot using the up kernel with your drivers installed I figured
I should try something different. I installed an ide drive directly into the
motherboard and installed CentOS 3.3 without any special drivers. Once I was in
I followed your instructions and got a booting version but, unfortunately, it
still has a lot of unresolved symbols and the drivers does not load. Now it
still boots because there is a _normal_ hard drive to boot from but I can't
make the 3w-9xxx driver load at all. lsmod reports it's not loaded and modprobe
barks about a boatload of unresolved symbols. It's 1am in the morning and I
can't figure out where to run to or what else new I can try. In summary, I can
boot from a normal HD, although I will have to get rid of it in the end, but no
3w-9xxx module loaded. HELP! What can I do to get rid of unresolved symbols?

Thanks again,

Adrian Madrid