[Centos] Apt repositories for CentOS?

Thu Sep 9 08:08:48 UTC 2004
Ryan Sweet <rsweet at aoes.com>

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> > They've stated that no one seems to be interested in source functionality:
> > https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2004-June/004526.html
>
> I don't have a problem with it - it's just not something immediately on
> my radar. However, if you'd like to work on something like that - I can
> point you in the right direction for it. It's actually easier to do now
> than it was a few months ago.

Seth,

I know I volunteered for the centos/rhel patch comparisons, and haven't
finished that yet, but it is an "after-hours" project.  My "day job" could
make good use of yum source rpm support, because we upgrade centos with
mysql4, and thus all packages that link againt mysql need to be rebuilt.
I wrote a bash script to do this and just made my own yum repo to handle
it, but since we don't actually modify the rpms (just rebuild them on a
system where we've upgraded mysql), having srpm rebuild support would
simplify things.  I'm no python guru, but if you can do some pointing I
think I could handle this.

> Could you make my day job a little less demanding? That'd make things
> happen, for me, faster. :)

You need to ask for Professor MacGonagall's Time Turner ;-)

--
Ryan Sweet             <ryan.sweet at aoes.com>
Advanced Operations and Engineering Services