[Centos] CentOS-3.3

Tue Sep 21 15:27:42 UTC 2004
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net>

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 10:15, Bill Wichser wrote:
> > Thank you for the long awaited x86_64 port!
> >
> > Looking through the RedHat pages concerning their EL releases, I find
> > that the ES and WS versions claim to support only 2 CPUs while the AS
> > version supports, well, more.  With the CentOS releases following the ES
> > releases, can I assume that this too is limited to two CPUs?
> >
> > Is this a kernel issue or something else?  Should I be thinking of
> >

> unless I'm delusional I thought centos is based off of AS, not ES.

well the differences between ES & AS are pretty cosmetic / marketing

CentOS was built from ES but has the restrictions removed so there is no
artificial limit (warning ?) to the number of CPU's 'supported' (where
'supported' implies heldesk rather than physical/conceptual )

Regards

Lance

--
uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.