[CentOS] mythtv on centos4

Michael Boman michael.boman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 01:12:34 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 3:34 AM, Tony <pthagonal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any success or failures with installing mythtv onto
> centos4? Even better, has anyone any prebuilt rpms to do this? Looks
> to me like centos+mythtv is quite an interesting prospect in the
> always-on single home server environment.

Mine resulted in a failure, as there are many dependencies that isn't
packaged for CentOS4 yet. I am sure that if you build everything from
source you will get it working, but I opted to download the KnoppMyth
CD and do a HDD install from that - and that just worked. I am
thinking of building something similar but use CentOS as base, but
that is quite long down on my ever-growning todo list...

Best regards
 Michael Boman