[CentOS] Media check problems

David Crim dacrim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 23:24:36 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 3:31 PM, Kenneth Kalmer <kenneth.kalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear community
>
> I've just noticed that the CentOS 4.0 ISO's I downloaded from
> ftp.sunsite.org.uk fails the media check on installation. All four
> fail. The md5 checks pass and I've done 5 full installations from the
> set of failed cd's and no problems what so ever. I never bothered to
> do the media check untill a friend asked me what it does...
>
> The installation works, wonder what the problem could be? Any
> suggestions or should I provide more information to help fix this if
> it might be a bug?

This is becoming a FAQ. It is not just a CentOS problem. It also
happens to the recent Fedora and RedHat releases.

If you are burning the disks with cdrecord, try adding the -pad option
to your command line.

You can also try using the ide=nodma on the installation boot prompt:

linux ide=nodma

Regards,

Dave