[CentOS] Jabberd and Centos 3.4

Aaron Havens

havensa at nsuok.edu
Tue Apr 26 15:28:44 UTC 2005

I am trying to setup a local Jabberd server for our members of our IT
department to use. I downloaded the source for 2.0s8 from the jabbered
site. When i run ./configure I receive the following error:

"configure: error: Libidn >= 0.3.0 not found"

I went out to dag and downloaded and installed the
libidn-0.4.6-1.1.el3.dag rpm. When i ran ./configure again it failed
again. After a little searching on Google I found the following article:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jadmin/2004-June/016435.html

Following its advice I rand ./configure
--with-extra-library-path=/usr/lib/libidn.so.11. However it still fails.
Anyone have any ideas? I don't know anything about libidn, is 0.4.6
incompatible with versions needing 0.3.0?

Thanks,

--
Aaron Havens
Network Technician