Antw: [CentOS] CentOS and HP Drivers

Thu Apr 14 12:30:14 UTC 2005
Arthur MEßNER <arthur.messner at tilak.at>

We are using the Hp-Agents continuously on our Servers.
The latest Version with centos-3.3 was no Problem.

Mainly it depends on the used kernel Versions,
because the raid driver modules are not for vanilla kernels, only for official Kernels from Redhat, Suse ...

The only thing you have to do, is to fake the /etc/redhat-release,
because the installer looks for supported Linux Versions.

After Installation you can view your Configuration via firefox.
http://localhost:2301

also you will see alot new processes starting.

Ing. Arthur Messner

Tiroler Landeskrankenanstalten Ges.m.b.H.
Landeskrankenhaus Innsbruck - Universitätskliniken
Abteilung Informationstechnik

Anichstrasse 35
A-6020 Innsbruck

Tel:  050504-25534
Fax: 050504-6725534

arthur.messner at tilak.at

>>> mark at siliconjunkie.net 14.04.05 02:12:02 >>>
I am debating installing CentOS on a new HP DL580 with an MSA1000 SAN.
HP offers drivers that are specific to RHEL and will not install on
other RH distros i.e. RH 9.

Has anyone gotten the HP SupportPack to install under CentOS?

Thanks!

believed to be clean.