[CentOS] spamassassin - sa-learn

Fri Apr 1 14:35:54 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic at pbl.ca>

Craig White wrote:

> OK - perhaps my question should have been directed to 'MailScanner' list
>
> My usage is for company owned/operated mail servers and my specialty is
> 5 - 50 users on the network
>
> Thus, I am thinking that it should be a global database
>
> I am using MailScanner and it seems to be the 'caller' of spamassassin.
> Spamassassin evaluates and scores the incoming mails and MailScanner
> appropriately tags the header and sieve will direct the 5+ scores into
> the users SPAM folder.

Would love to help you there, but my scanner of choice is MIMEDefang,
and I don't know exactly how MailScanner is using SpamAssassin.  For
example, MIMEDefang uses its own configuration file for SpamAssassin
(not default one) called sa-mimedefang.cf.  In that file to use system
wide autowhitelisting and bayes, one would place something along the lines:

#Enable AWL
use_auto_whitelist         1
auto_whitelist_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-autowhitelist
auto_whitelist_file_mode   0640

#Enable Bayes
use_bayes                           1
use_bayes_rules                     1
bayes_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-bayes
bayes_file_mode                     0640
bayes_auto_learn                    1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam  0.0
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam     15.0

I know this is example how to get it working in something completely
different, but hopefully it might provide some ideas to solve problem in
your case too.  As you said, MailScanner list might give you more
usefull answers...