[CentOS] CentOS for commercial use

Sun Apr 3 18:22:21 UTC 2005
Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com>

You're just asking to start a flame, aren't you? :)

Personally, I run CentOS at home cause I can't afford a RHEL license.
At work we use a mix or RHEL & CentOS.  RHEL goes on all productions
servers, CentOS goes on anything that's a test system.  The 3 test
systems are used to play with whatever we want to deploy, say we want
to test XYZ product or try some new rules in iptables, we try it on
the test system.  But when it comes time to roll out XYZ product we
buy a RHEL license and install it on one of the production servers.

So basically, they want to pay for the (unused) support contracts that
RedHat offers, but when it comes to test systems they don't want to
pay for a license for those systems which aren't production.

--
Matt Shields
http://masnetworks.biz