[CentOS] MailScanner With One vs Two Postfix Instances

Sun Apr 10 22:13:18 UTC 2005
Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>

On Apr 10, 2005, at 19:16, Avtar Gill wrote:

> Chris Mauritz wrote:
>> I'm a bit curious what benefit you achieve from adding the complexity
>> of mysql into the mix.  Does it improve performance?  Is there some
>> feature that you need that is only available if you hook in a
>> database back-end?
>
> Probably so it's easier to administer user accounts using a web
> interface or any other type of UI.  I doubt it's primarily for
> performance reasons.  Personally, I prefer an LDAP backend for that
> purpose.

I've done what Franki described with a LDAP backend, because LDAP rocks
in these massive read situations. The Postfix in Centos/RHEL 4 was the
first that had usable versions of Postfix, OpenLDAP and SASL to make it
all work without compiling anything myself.

jens