[CentOS] Kickstart

Wed Apr 13 13:54:37 UTC 2005
Gerald Waugh <gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com>

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 08:28 -0500, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Gerald Waugh wrote:
> > So testing continues.... I am not sure if I have to enter a command
> > at the boot prompt or should this thing just run.
>
> No, it is not going to run all by itself.  If you wan't it to run all by
> itself, you'd need to change couple more things.  Check this article
> from Linux Journal for some ideas:
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6473
>
> The article is rather old, and describes things for RH8.  You may want
> to check newer kickstart/anaconda documentation too...

I have it running, "linux ks=cdrom" from an IDE cdrom, but need to get
it running on a USB cdrom, as the servers do not normally have IDE
cdrom.

I have searched for a method to get it to load the "USB Mass Storage
Driver for Linux" during the install. I know it's on the cdrom, just
have trouble locating it. Also I believe I have to enter something like
linux ks=cdrom dd=<usb-mass-storage-driver>

Gerald