[CentOS] Does CentOS has problems with Norton Ghost 2003 images?

Wed Apr 27 21:47:27 UTC 2005
Andrew Cotter <andrew.cotter at somersetcapital.com>

We have used g4u for imaging all sorts of systems (XP,W2K,98,RH).  Seems to
work very well in most situations.  In a couple of situations we have gone
back to Ghost if g4u didn't work.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org]On
Behalf Of Maciej Zenczykowski
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 5:37 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: RE: [CentOS] Does CentOS has problems with Norton Ghost 2003
images?

> We've successfully used g4l on CentOS 3.4 boxes, but as has been
> mentioned, that's pre-SELinux.

Due to the way g4u/g4l operate they don't give a damn about operating
system / file system versions.  They simply xerox the hard disk.  If
backing up a single partition doesn't work (unlikely but possible) than
you can always backup the entire disk - thats 99.9999% guaranteed to work
- if it doesn't work it's hardware issues and nothing to do with the file
system or operating system versions (there's no filesystem or operating
system dependent code within g4u/g4l).

Cheers,
MaZe.