[CentOS] CentOS 4 Software Raid1 questions

Fri Apr 29 18:05:38 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 12:20, Lee Parmeter wrote:

> I did not find any information on the web concerning the
> requirement of the mdadm.conf file and the relationship to
> the auto start of the raid. I had to work a bit in the dark
> to get it to work as I thought it should.

I think if you set the partition type to FD with fdisk, the
system is supposed to figure everything out automatically
at boot time.  I have, however, had some trouble when moving
pairs of disks built on one machine to a different one and
would generally prefer to control it with a definition in a
file if possible instead of having the system guess. If you
have both, I'm not sure which wins.  If you find documentation
on the detection order or how to move devices, please post
a link.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com