[CentOS] CentOS 4 Software Raid1 questions

Fri Apr 29 18:18:33 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic at pbl.ca>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> If you
> have both, I'm not sure which wins.  If you find documentation
> on the detection order or how to move devices, please post
> a link.

The kernel wins.  As soon as raid* device drivers are loaded (for
example, from initrd image, waaaay before even root file is mounted),
they'll do the automagic stuff.  The system will spit warnings later if
information in mdadm.conf is contradicting.