[CentOS] VSFTP/MySQL

Franki franki at htmlfixit.com
Thu Aug 4 17:09:31 UTC 2005

Thanks for that guys,

The httpd mysql link would be for the setup of virtual hosts, not for
user auth.

To that end it looks like mod_vhost_mysql would be the go, I'm just
looking for a RH/FC src rpm to rebuild so I can keep it all in rpm.
I installed pam_mysql by rebuilding an FC4 src rpm, so I'll see how I go
with this one as well. (no luck so far)
http://modules.apache.org/search?id=745

If I can't find one for Redhat, I'll try and make one myself I guess,
but it's been a while since I played with building rpms.

Basically my end goal is to have mail (already done on debian Woody but
now to replicate on CentOS), DNS, HTTPD and TLS FTP all configured from
a dedicated mysql server connected to the machines via gigabit internal
networking.

That way I can write a custom Perl or PHP app that will be only
accessable to me on the internal network where I can completely
configure a new setup from one web form. It could cut down on my work
considerably.

rgds

Franki