[CentOS] What's the Linux equivelant of an exe file? [SOLVED]

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Fri Aug 5 07:06:12 UTC 2005

Well, this problem is sort of solved. I now understand that Linux
doesn't just have an equivelant to ".exe", and that some reconfiguration
of my thinking will be required to wrap my head around it. I'm going to
go out and hunt for Linux books soon, and hopefully get more of a feel
for this sort of thing.

As for Open Office Beta, it turns out that the problem in getting it
started was that when I did the RPM install, I missed a subdirectory
which had the RPMs for menu items and MIME integrations. So I
uninstalled and reinstalled OpenOffice Beta, this time being careful to
get all the right components lined up, and voila, I have OpenOffice Beta
working like a charm. Menu icons and everything.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. As is always the case, I not
only solved the problem, but learned a thing or two about some related
issues along the way.

Dave