[CentOS] sendmail refusing incoming connections from outside

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 11:23:14 UTC 2005

On 8/5/05, dan1 <dan1 at edenpics.com> wrote:
> It also refuses connections from another host.
>
> I have edited the /etc/mail/access file and added:
> 192.168        OK
> But this doesn't help after a restart.
>
> Does somebody know why the connection is refused ? I can see that behaviour
> on several CentOS box I have so it seems to be the new default. What
> parameter should I change to make it be accepted ?

You will need to edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and regenerate a new sendmail.cf
Edit and add a line similar to below for your network:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=90.0.0.2, Name=MTA')dnl

Generate new cf file by running macro:
#m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

Restart sendmail and you should be good.
HTH
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux