[CentOS] Re: KDE Upgrade from 3.3.1 to 3.4.2

duffmckagan mckagan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 16:33:52 UTC 2005

> 1.  Use apt or yum.  It's easier, really.

Well I have good experience with Apt-get.

I have absolutely no idea about YUM.
Can you point me to some tutorials which can help me learn them?

> 2.  The conflicts lines are pretty self-explanatory (IMO).  You need to
> also upgrade kdeaddons kdeartwork kdebase (at the same time) if you're
> going to manually try to upgrade kdelibs.  You can alternatively,
> rpm -e kdeaddons kdeartwork kdebase
> to avoid the conflict, and the install/upgrade them later.

LOL that is a wonderful Idea. I wonder why did it not come to my mind
Pretty cool and time to try it.
Thanks a lot.
I will post back with the results soon.

--
"No-one dies a virgin. Life screws everyone."