[CentOS] Re: RedHat changes to remove file system support

Fong Vang sudoyang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 21:50:10 UTC 2005

On 8/15/05, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you even UAGDSE before posting this?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=reiserfs+centos

Of course (this is standard procedure now :).

CentOS plus contains the kernel and rpm to support other journaling
file systems such as ReiserFS and XFS, however, this is not integrated
into kickstart which means one would have to completely install the
system first then add the kernel and tools after the system has come
up (this requires two reboots: (1) boot the system after kickstart (2)
install the new kernel to support other ReiserFS/XFS then reboot
before a file system can be created using the newly supported file
system.

I'm looking for the changes that RedHat did to remove support of
non-ext3 file systems.  I can re-add the support myself, but I'm just
wondering if anyone has done it or has knowledge as to what exactly
RedHat did to remove support of XFS/ReiserFS (especially since these
are supported by Fedora which RHEL is based on).

The more interesting question is, could the Fedora Anaconda code
simply replace the RHEL Anaconda code?