[CentOS] Feeling a little guilty...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Aug 19 02:18:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 18:38 -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> RH 9 was like that and so was FC 3,

Because they were ... can I say it?  Like ".1" releases.  ;->

> BUT FC 4 was something else...

Because it was ... can I say it?  Like a ".0" release.  ;->

[ See the continuing theme I made on "this is why it helps to know what
is a ".0 like release" in the Fedora Core world?  ;-]

> But I do feel a litfle guilt (sure it will diminish in time) because
> of all of the hours RH put into making RHEL 4 work smoothly.

Why feel guilty?  Red Hat puts a lot of people on GPL stuff they don't
ever see a dime for, stuff that goes into the stock kernel, GCC (even,
gasp, non-Linux targets!), etc...  So why feel guilty?

Red Hat has always been, and always will be, a GPL company.
That's all they do, GPL, GPL, GPL, it's their blood.
Whether it's Linux or otherwise (and they do a bit of otherwise too ;-),
it's GPL.

> not RH and so far nobdy has sent me a bill :-) !

You can get support from Red Hat without paying a dime too.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com