[CentOS] Has anyone got dvd::rip to work in CentOS?

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Mon Aug 22 09:16:47 UTC 2005

Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> I feel like Im chasing my own tail round and round in trying to install
> dvd::rip. Installing the RPM just gets me lost in a world of

Where did you get the rpm from ?

( dag seems to have had a dvd-rip module, but isnt building any longer
for the new EL releases' and FreshRPMS did have some issues with
transcode a short while back - BUT FreshRPMS dosent build for EL anyway ).

> dependancies. I tried installing manually and all I get is the following:
> [dave at localhost ~]$ /usr/bin/dvdrip
> Can't locate Locale/TextDomain.pm in @INC (@INC contains: lib
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi...
>
> ... and it goes on and on.
>
> By chance has anyone installed this successfully?

I remember this being an easy install sometime back, lets see if we can
make this 'still easy to install'

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc