[CentOS] Has anyone got dvd::rip to work in CentOS?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Aug 22 18:26:41 UTC 2005

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Ajay Sharma wrote:

> To answer your question, it looks like you need the Locale::TextDomain perl
> module.  You can install it using CPAN if you can't find a RPM:
>
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> [a bunch of stuff about configuring the cpan interface if you've never done it
> before]
> install Locale::TextDomain
>
> That should do it...

But only if you from here onward are installing applications from
tarballs. Doing this will still give you dependency problems with RPM.

That's why the better solution is:

	[root at emyn root]# rpm -q --whatprovides 'perl(Locale::TextDomain)'
	perl-libintl-1.11-2.1.fc3.rf

And go to:

	http://dag.wieers.com/packages/perl-libintl/

Tarballs are evil in a managed environment or when you start using Linux.
If every Linux expert would start educating people in the use of packages
for *everything*, we wouldn't have that many disappointed ex-Linux users
and packages would only become better and more would exist.

And if something that is supposed to work doesn't, please REPORT IT. It
might not help you resolve the problem immediately, but at least it
doesn't go unnoticed. You can whine afterwards if you like...

Remember that a problem you have might be a problem specific to *your*
system (*especially* if you use tarballs). So do not expect that someone
else will hit the same problem and will report it for you.

Because, apparently, noone else did before you.

Kind regards,