回复: Re: [CentOS] Help.I can't start with my new kernel.

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Tue Aug 23 12:03:21 UTC 2005

Ok, so it looks like your kernel is missing one or more of the following:
   a) hard disk hardware device drivers
   b) partition drivers (very unlikely, only if non-MSDOS disklabels)
   c) file system drivers for the root filesystem

or possibly it's been setup for initrd operation and
   d) initrd support is lacking in the kernel
   e) the initrd file system (ramfs tmpfs or whatever) is lacking
   f) the initrd is screwed up...

What are the grub.conf entries for the kernel? does it reference an
initrd? does it boot/how does it screw up if the initrd for this new
kernel is commented out?