[CentOS] xfs module not loading

Thu Aug 18 01:17:36 UTC 2005
Fong Vang <sudoyang at gmail.com>

I'm trying to add XFS and ReiserFS to CentOS, integrating with
Kickstart.  I think I'm fairly close.  I've added xfs.ko and
reiserfs.ko to modules.cgz in initrd.  Several of my partitions now
specify --fstype=xfs.  I can see tty5 mkfs.xfs is creating the XFS
file systems.  The system currently installs completely via kickstart,
but it does not mount the XFS file systems while in the kick process.
/mnt/sysimage/etc/fstab is populated correctly.

In tty2, lsmod does not show that the xfs module is loaded (ext3 is in
the list).  I tried loading it manually with modprobe and insmod but I
don't think it's loading (no error message at all -- no error).

BTW, as with Fedora, I also specified 'xfs' as an option to syslinux/pxelinux.

What else am I missing?

Thanks for any help.