[CentOS] Need a little kick start to compile appletalk module

Mon Aug 22 20:29:40 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

RHEL 4 (and thus CentOS 4) do not have appletalk module included.
CentOSPlus rather thoughtfully has the 'unsupported' version which would
have the appletalk module but I have been unable to get the old megaraid
driver to run compiled from the kernel-devel for these 'unsupported'
kernels.

Thus I would love to simply compile the appletalk module myself from the
standard kernel-devel for the standard i686/i686smp kernels as I have to
do for the old megaraid driver.

Thus it would appear, that I would need the kernel source for this.

How would I 'isolate' the appletalk kernel stuff? Would I install the
kernel-sourcecode rpm - like...
<http://centos.cs.ucr.edu/centos/4.1/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/kernel-
sourcecode-2.6.9-11.EL.noarch.rpm>
and hunt down the appletalk directory and compile the module separately
pretty much as I do with the older megaraid code? Is it reasonable to
hope that the necessary code for the appletalk kernel module would be
contained in one subdirectory? Is there an easier way that I am missing?

Craig