[CentOS] How to login to a new session?

Tue Aug 2 12:28:51 UTC 2005
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at lqt.ca>

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 04:50, duffmckagan wrote:
> What I want to do is.....If I Lock my Screen, the other user should be
> able to Login to a new session on the Same computer.

Here's an alternative, much easier and cleaner solution than Johnny's (with
all due respect).

1) Make sure /etc/sysconfig/desktop contain DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE".
2) Edit /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc. In the General section, add this line:

ReserveServers=:1,:2,:3,:4,:5

3) Restart your computer (or just do "init 3 && init 5").

You'll see that this solution is very clean and integrates perfectly with KDE.
When a user has locked the screen, there is a button labeled "start new
session" or something so that you can start a new session. You can switch
session using the "switch session" item in the K menu. At any time, you can
use ctrl-alt-F? to switch sessions.

Tell me about your experience!