[CentOS] Question driving external LCD from dell laptop

Thu Aug 4 12:44:29 UTC 2005
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Jerry Geis wrote:

> Bryan,
>
> I have the Nvidia chipset. Geforce2 go.
> Under XP I see a selection for "Nview display mode" and I select to
> try to find something that will show me refresh rates, scan rates etc...
> but I dont see where that is.
>
> Can you be more specific about how to view that information so
> I attempt to duplicate that under X and CentOS.
>
> THanks,
>
> Jerry

I have the same chipset in my athlon 64 notebook (Compaq) and you turn
the external monitor port on and off with a function key on the
keyboard.  I've never even bothered with doing it with the OS since it's
just easier to hit the key.  On my system it's function-F4 to toggle it
on and off.  You might have a similar key bound to that function as well.

Cheers,