[CentOS] Re: And now onto the palm pilot with Kpilot [SOLVED]

Fri Aug 5 12:52:56 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

>when you have pushed the sync button on the cradle...
>ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot
>see if they exist and who owns them

Thank you for the instructions.
This is what I get from the ls command you suggested:

[root at localhost dave]# ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      7 Aug  5 21:47 /dev/pilot -> ttyUSB1
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 188, 0 Aug  5 21:47 /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-------  1 dave uucp 188, 1 Aug  5 21:47 /dev/ttyUSB1

Does this mean that root owns them, but that they are accessible by anyone.

And then...

Hey! It works! Wow... I totally expected to run Kpilot to get some other
error or something... but it works. As I write this my palm device is
being backed up to the computer.

Sweet!!

Thanks everyone for helping me get this running. I'm now just one step
away from the perfect operating system.

Dave