[CentOS] Re: And now onto the palm pilot with Kpilot

Fri Aug 5 12:40:37 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 21:23 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> I went ahead figured out how to remov the symbolic links, and I played
> around with Kpilot a little more.
>
> 1. I notice that the symbolic link "pilot" is not being created when I
> press the hotsync button. Is 10-visor-rules being used by the system?
>
> 2. In Kpilot, I went past the wizard and tried to establish a connection
> manually to ttyUSB1. In the log I noticed this:
> Pilot device /dev/ttyUSB1 is not read-write.
> Perhaps there is a permission problem? How can I make sure ttyUSB1 is
> user readable/writable when it's only created each time the pilot syncs?
----
1 -
$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules
KERNEL="ttyUSB1",SYMLINK="pilot"

$ cat /etc/udev/permissions.d/10-udev.permissions
#set Palm Pilot rwx
pilot*:root:usb:0666
pilot*:craig:usb:0666

2 -
when you have pushed the sync button on the cradle...

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot

see if they exist and who owns them

Craig