[CentOS] Kickstart, package always selected

Mon Aug 15 20:04:40 UTC 2005
Matt Hyclak <hyclak at math.ohiou.edu>

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 12:43:55PM -0700, Fong Vang enlightened us:
> I'm trying to kickstart a Centos 4.1 system with the minimum set of
> packages.  I have no use for ypbind so I'm trying to prevent from
> being installed, but kickstart/anaconda always insist on its
> installation (complaining that the package is missing).  This is the
> %packages section of my ks file so far:
>
> %packages
> #-@ dialup
> kernel
> grub
> e2fsprogs
> lvm2
> -slocate
> -bluez-utils
> -bluez-bluefw
> -bluez-hcidump-1.11-1.i386.rpm
> -isdn4k-utils
> -pcmcia-cs
> -ppp
> -wvdial
> -ypbind
>
> as you can see, ypbind is deselected in the ks file.  Is ypbind a
> mandatory package?  In the RPMS directory, I tried to determine what
> package may be requiring ypbind, but I could find any.  This is what I
> used to determine what package may be requiring it:

According to my 4.1 system, ypbind requires yp-tools, and yp-tools requires
ypbind. Yay for circular dependencies!

yum remove ypbind on my system also removes yp-tools, so if you give your ks
file a -yp-tools as well, you should be all right, I would think.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics