[CentOS] Choosing to put CentOS in terms of itself ...

Thu Aug 18 18:40:39 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Given the current propensity for SCO to sue Linux vendors,
> it's somewhat amusing to me that I'm using FC2 to develop
> programs eventually targeted for SCO.

As someone who dispises SCO for their Linux IP claims, I am
also hopeful that SCO wins against IBM on several counts.  It
will make IBM think twice before hurting a good Linux company
in the future.  There are several more already in their
crosshairs.

> Has everyone read the white paper
> Oh, dear, I've lost the URL! I have a copy. Anyway, some
> fellow predicted that if Solaris, SCO et. al. didn't stop
> sueing each other and get together with some open source,
> then everyone would be moving to Linux.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, the "powers that be" are still trying
to leverage their UNIX products in a Linux world, and some of
our so-called "best allies" are people we must watch.