[CentOS] Re: Choosing to put CentOS in terms of itself ...

Thu Aug 18 23:39:40 UTC 2005
eli at streetlampsoftware.com <eli at streetlampsoftware.com>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> As someone who dispises SCO for their Linux IP claims, I am
> also hopeful that SCO wins against IBM on several counts.  It
> will make IBM think twice before hurting a good Linux company
> in the future.  There are several more already in their
> crosshairs.

Double-U Tee Eff?

If you were up on your groklaw, then you would know that SCO has very
few "counts" in their case--the ones that don't keep changing. Further,
I don't see any of their case currently presented as meritous. I suggest
you take a closer look.

In fact, alot of their case is darned freaky and scary. GPL
unconstitutional babble, crazy concept of derivative code, slander,
libel, and more. If you have seen something I missed, then please let me
know. I just don't see any portion of their case as worthy of "hoping
they win on several counts".